Hyundai Translead introduces a new open-platform smart trailer solution: HT LinkSense™
• Groundbreaking HT LinkSense is an open-platform system that allows for universal connectivity across all sensor and telematics providers
• Empowers end-to-end trailer operation visibility to maximize fleet operational efficiency
• OEM installation ensures quality and reliability, saves cost, and is backed by Hyundai Translead
• Initial release in dry van models, expanding to other categories in the future
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (September 14, 2021) — Hyundai Translead, the leading manufacturer of dry and refrigerated trailers in North America, announced at TMC21 the launch of HT LinkSense, an open-platform smart trailer solution that is fully integrated with leading telematics partners (CalAmp, ORBCOMM, Phillips Connect, PowerFleet, Road Ready, Sensata | Xirgo, SkyBitz, Spireon). By providing universal connectivity between sensor packages and existing telematics systems, HT LinkSense gives fleets the flexibility to choose sensors and telematics providers that meet their needs, while simultaneously eliminating compatibility issues.
“HT LinkSense is a scalable, open platform that expands what’s possible for fleet connectivity,” said Sean Kenney, Chief Sales Officer at Hyundai Translead. “An open system provides a fully integrated solution to track and monitor real-time trailer performance data, empowering customers with greater fleet productivity and operational efficiency.”
Through HT LinkSense, Hyundai Translead and its partners give customers visibility into their trailer health and utilization, offering data insights including:
• Cargo Volume Sensor: Cargo volume sensors use ultrasonic technology to provide estimated cargo volume, dividing the trailer into five different zones to report overall volume and help improve utilization.
• Weight Sensor: Weight scale sensors can accurately report weight on both air and spring suspensions, providing operational efficiency and cost containment.
• Door Sensor: Door sensors detect the opening and closing of doors, offering real-time and time-logged monitoring for increased cargo security.
• Air Disc Brake Pad Wear Sensor: Continuous wear sensors (CWS) monitor the amount of remaining brake pad in real-time, providing efficient monitoring and scheduling maintenance.
• Smart Brake Chamber: A smart brake chamber monitors the air pressure in the parking and service brake line on each brake chamber, analyzing patterns for problems like dragging.
• Light Out Detection Sensor: Light out detection sensors ensure fleets’ uptime while reducing risk of fines or citations.
• Wheel End Temperature Sensor (WETS): Wheel end temperature sensors detect temperatures higher than the set limit, sending a warning to the driver and fleet service manager for prompt inspection and repair.
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Tire pressure monitoring system measures the tire pressure and temperature on each wheel, preventing sudden failures and maintaining equipment in optimal operating condition.
• Continuous Operation will be supported by an optional solar and battery power system.
Hyundai Translead designed this solution to allow flexibility for those seeking to add additional sensor data to their overall fleet data strategy. The HT LinkSense solution also benefits from OEM factory installation, leveraging Hyundai Translead’s state-of-the-art manufacturing to ensure quality control as well as superior warranty coverage and customer care.
Initially, the HT LinkSense solution will be available for Hyundai Translead dry van trailers, and will expand into refrigerated, flatbed, chassis and aftermarket products in the future.
“HT LinkSense marks the next evolution in fleet data strategy. It is truly the future of connectivity,” said Bongjae Lee, Hyundai Translead’s CEO. “We’re thrilled to make this system available to our customers and proud to offer it with the full support of all our partners.”
The development of HT LinkSense is further benefitted from important partnerships with leading telematics and sensor providers in the fleet data industry. Read what Hyundai Translead’s partners had to say about this exciting new partnership and technology:
CalAmp — “We are honored to partner with Hyundai Translead to expand the possibilities that greater connected intelligence and real-time trailer and cargo visibility can offer to all transportation and logistics stakeholders. By integrating our smart trailer, edge-to-cloud platform and solar gateway with industry-leading OEM sensors, fleet operators will have access to deeper real-time actionable insights from trailers that help improve usage and driving efficiency, while also reducing catastrophic failures leading to improved safety and ultimately lower costs.” — Jeff Clark, CalAmp Senior Vice President of Product Management
ORBCOMM — “As one of Hyundai Translead’s first ‘Smart Trailer’ telematics partners for HT LinkSense, ORBCOMM continues to develop its smart trailer initiative to deliver intelligent, universal and real-time asset monitoring for trailers. With this announcement, our customers are able to access more in-depth safety and productivity data from their new Hyundai Translead trailers through our single cloud-based ORBCOMM platform.” — Chris MacDonald, ORBCOMM Senior Vice President of Transportation Solutions
Phillips Connect — “We’re pleased to support the launch of HT LinkSense, as it offers our mutual customers additional flexibility for OEM-installed telematics solutions at Hyundai Translead, with all of its data on the Connect1 platform.” — Jim Epler, Executive Vice President of Phillips Connect
PowerFleet — “We are excited to expand on our long-standing relationship with Hyundai Translead to make implementing smart trailers even easier. Combining our 20 years of telematics expertise and technological innovation with Hyundai Translead vastly improves a fleets’ ability to improve their operational performance with real-time visibility of critical sensor and status information.” — Chris Wolfe, PowerFleet CEO
Road Ready — “Road Ready is proud to partner with Hyundai Translead to accelerate digital transformation of the transportation industry through smart trailers and advanced telematics. Road Ready offers Hyundai Translead customers a fresh choice in trailer telematics by providing smarter, more actionable fleet insights delivered by LogIQ™, our proprietary integrated data network which aggregates and analyzes fleet-specific data from interactions with any of our network of industry-leading transportation solutions providers.” — Nada Jiddou, Road Ready General Manager/Clarience Technologies Executive Vice President
Sensata | Xirgo — “Sensata | Xirgo is pleased to partner with Hyundai Translead and continue our technology collaboration. Hyundai’s commitment to providing our high-quality telematics and sensor products to a wide variety of fleet customers shows their dedication to remaining at the forefront of connected trailer technology.” — Mike Lavery, Senior Director of Sales at Sensata | Xirgo
SkyBitz — “The addition of the Hyundai Translead’s HT LinkSense to the SkyBitz SmartTrailer™ ecosystem is one of the key parts of the SkyBitz strategy for the transportation and logistics industry to drive intelligent decisions and productivity throughout their entire operation. We are pioneers in connectivity and offer future expandability within our solutions to deliver more value and real-time data, so our customers can utilize the most advanced, intelligence-driven logistic networks to better serve their customers.” — Siamak Azmoudeh, SkyBitz Vice President of Product Line Management
Spireon — “We are pleased to partner with Hyundai Translead on their innovative HT LinkSense solution. Spireon and Hyundai Translead have many customers in common and with this new integration we can continue to serve them seamlessly.” — John Krumheuer, Spireon Transportation President
Additional telematics and sensor partners will be added in the near future.
* * *
ABOUT HYUNDAI TRANSLEAD
Hyundai Translead is the leading van trailer manufacturer in North America. The company manufactures dry and refrigerated van trailers as well as flatbeds, chassis and dollies. Founded in 1989, Hyundai Translead is 100% owned by Hyundai Motor Group and is headquartered in San Diego, California. For more information, please visit www.hyundaitranslead.com.
ABOUT PHILLIPS CONNECT
Phillips Connect takes telematics light-years beyond basic GPS tracking by combining the industry’s most advanced connected asset solutions for trailers, chassis, and containers with a variety of sensors, including Door√, Temp√, and Cargo√ along with health-monitoring sensors TPMS√, ATIS Regulator√, Light-Out Detection√, Wheel-End√, Remote Pre√, CargoVision, SmartLock Door, and SmartLock Gladhand. These and others are integrated with the Connect1 interface, giving fleet managers the data they need to turn assets faster and maximize productivity. Phillips Connect develops industry IoT sensor connection technology that is widely deployed in the freight industry. Phillips Connect is transforming the industry by keeping drivers and their cargo safe. The products are designed to improve safety and security, reduce costs in fleet maintenance and dramatically enhance fleet asset utilization. Visit www.phillips-connect.com for more information.