Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are small data files that are created by a website and stored on your computer through your browser. The website can access a cookie at a later time and retrieve information about you, and then customizes pages based on this information. Among other things the cookie may store your username (but not your password), keep items in a virtual “shopping basket,” “remember” your location, automatically display relevant details when you next visit the website, or track your online activity.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
We use Personal Information in one or more of the following ways:
- To provide you with the products and services offered by Phillips Connect
- Account registration and maintenance
- Website administration
- Updates, newsletters and marketing
- Complete your transaction
- To arrange for an introduction or meeting with service providers (at your request or instructions)
- As required by law, legal process or regulations
- To protect the vital interests of an individual
- To protect our property, services and legal rights
- In support of our audit, compliance and governance functions
- For entry or participation in sweepstakes and contests, when and where available
- In other ways consistent with your consent
We do not sell, lease or otherwise disclose your Personal Information. However, we may share your Personal Information with service providers who need the Personal Information to provide you with the products and services you have requested. These service providers are required to agree to comply with applicable law and the terms of this Notice.
We may use Nonpersonal Information:
- To improve and enhance your experience on Phillips Connect
- To customize, measure, and further develop Phillips Connect, our services or both
- In connection with research activities
- To determine popularity of content and what other content may be of interest
- When an email we send is viewed or a link in an email we send is viewed
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers payment gateway information and credentials (Shopify Paypal, Amazon) email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Woo-commerce to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal on their privacy page.. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your on their privacy page.. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at Network Advertising.
Cookies, Google Analytics and Similar Technology
Cookies are small files placed on your computer. Cookies help analyze web traffic, provide information about your use of a website, and help websites work more efficiently by responding to you as an individual (such as remembering that you have logged in and tailoring operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering your preferences). Cookies provide us with technical information and do not collect personally identifiable information (except your IP address). Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your setting to decline cookies. The method for changing your setting for or deleting cookies varies by web browser. The settings or help tabs are among the more common locations for these features.
Third-party ad tracking includes, but is not limited to the following. You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. In addition, California residents have the right for their data to be deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we may process your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Phillips Connect utilizes reasonable human, physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect that are compliant with applicable law. The information we collect is stored on our servers located in the United States. We take reasonable steps and regularly assess our privacy and security policies and procedures and comply with laws designed to protect the privacy and security of your Personal Information. No data transmission over the Internet or wireless network is 100% secure however. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you understand that there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control and security, and in consequence integrity and privacy of any information provided by you to Phillips Connect cannot be guaranteed.
Payment Information is collected through our website, but is stored and processed only by our payments service provider, who complies with all applicable laws and PCI-DSS (payment card industry data security standards).
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Phillips Connect 12012 Burke Street Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670